This Policy describes how Paramount, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Paramount”) treat Personal Information we collect, both online and offline, in relation to the casting of our film, television, digital, and other productions and related or applicable programming or screening events (the “Production”).
What Information We Collect About You
We collect information from and about you in connection with the Production, including information (i) that you provide us as part of your application; (ii) automatically collected through the Platform; (iii) from third parties or public sources (e.g., recruitment/casting agencies or social media profiles). Some of this information may be considered “Personal Information,” as defined under applicable law. Personal Information, which also includes “Personal Data” as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), means information that identifies you or your device or is reasonably associated with you.
Information you provide directly to Paramount. Examples of the types of Personal Information that we may request from you will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number;
- Photos and videos of you submitted by you;
- User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Age and date of birth (if required or permitted by law);
- Other demographic information, such as personal characteristics, gender and job information;
- Public information, including profile information, you provide to Paramount for publication, such as your user name, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures and the address of your website;
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- Correspondence you send to us;
- Information collected about you offline (including via mail, or in person);
- Your user ID and/or user name associated with your Platform log in;
- Any content you submit or transmit on the Platform, including audio, video, text, or other materials, including so-called “user generated content” (collectively, “User Submissions”),
- Any information/content you have provided us or given us access to through the Platform.
- Your user ID and/or user name associated with that third-party service;
- Any information/content you have permitted the third party to share with Paramount; and
- Any information you have made public in connection with that third-party service (collectively, "Third Party Information and Content").
Sensitive Information. Paramount may also collect special categories or sensitive information from you with your consent. Sensitive Personal Information may include Personal Information regarding your racial or ethnic origin; your political opinions, religious beliefs, or other beliefs of a similar nature; whether you are a member of a trade union; data regarding your physical or mental health or condition; your sexual orientation; and data regarding the commission or alleged commission of any criminal offense. Where we do not ask you to provide sensitive Personal Information, please refrain from providing such information.
Information Collected About Others. We may collect contact information about other individuals when you provide information about them or refer a friend to a particular website or service (note: such information is used solely to facilitate the communications requested). When we do this, we will identify you as the person making the referral.
Information Paramount collects automatically via the Platform. When you access and interact with the Platform, Paramount and its service providers may collect certain information about those visits. For example, in order to permit your connection to the Platform, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Platform from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, or other information for that device. Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies) are comprised of small bits of data. Our websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer or other device so the website or app can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your usage of the Platform, such as pages you have visited. By collecting and using this data, we hope to improve the quality of the Platform.
Information Paramount obtains from other sources. Where permitted by applicable law, Paramount may collect information about you from other sources, including casting agencies, social media or background check providers. Information collected from third parties may include:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
- When you use our Platform, navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
Combining Information. Please note that all of the information Paramount collects about you may be combined, including to help Paramount tailor its communications to you and to enhance its services on the Platform.
How We Use Your Information & Why
Paramount uses your information for the purposes described in this Policy and as further disclosed to you, as and when necessary. We will use your Personal Information in ways that are consistent with our legitimate interest in casting and production activities, including to:
- Facilitate auditions, including sharing your Personal Information with certain business entities that Paramount works with, for example, in connection with the Production, such as producers, broadcasters, casting directors, and consultants;
- Contact you about your application, the casting process, and/or your involvement in the Production as well as to respond to any of your requests.
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters, and/or inform you of upcoming audition or casting opportunities;
- Analyze the use of the Platform and information about visitors to the Platform to understand and improve the Paramount service offerings and, in accordance with Paramount's sharing policies, discussed below, to produce or disclose anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit the Platform;
- Verify all information you provide to Paramount for purposes of compliance rules for the particular Production;
- Process sensitive Personal Information to assess your suitability for a Production or monitor the diversity of our applicants, where permitted by applicable law;
- Comply with legal investigations and inquiries;
- Protect, enforce, and defend our rights; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time Paramount collects your information, pursuant to your consent or as otherwise authorized by law.
Who We Share Your Data With & Why
Disclosure of Information Related to the Production
Paramount may share Personal Information with its affiliates that are involved in casting decisions and otherwise connected to the Production. Paramount also shares your Personal Information with third parties in a limited number of circumstances:
In Accordance with Your Production Contract. When you sign a contract with Paramount in relation to the Production, we will disclose your Personal Information in accordance with the terms of that contract, including when Production content is aired or distributed publicly.
With Your Consent. With your consent, Paramount may share your contact information with third party marketing partners services.
Sensitive Information. Paramount may disclose sensitive Personal Information contained within or derived from Production data to third parties connected with the Production and to compile information from third parties in connection with the application process about Production Participant’s sensitive Personal Information. Paramount may reveal such Sensitive Personal Information to third parties in the course of the Production application or audition process.
For Processing Online Audition Content. Paramount may also engage a third party to provide some of the services associated with the Online Auditions. This third party will collect and host the information that you submit to Paramount but will not use any of this information for purposes other than providing the services in relation to Online Auditions. Personal information submitted via the Paramount Online Auditions or via the Platform will not be made publicly available and will only be visible to Paramount, its business partners (e.g., production companies, advertisers, marketing agencies, etc.) and Paramount representatives associated with the Online Audition and Platform.
Authorized Third Party Service Providers. Paramount shares your contact information with third party vendors who help Paramount with specialized services, including Production support, customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, suppression list management and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your contact information to help Paramount provide Paramount's services and not for any other purpose.
Business Transfers. Paramount may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a Paramount service, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Legal Requirements. Paramount may disclose information about Production Participants, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations.
Disclosure of Information Related to the Platform
Service Providers Who Collect Information via the Platform. When you use the Platform, authorized third party service providers may collect information about your visits to the Platform with cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies that may be used to deliver advertisements or marketing tailored to your interests or, in connection with other data about you including data regarding your use of websites, apps or other services over time and across the Internet, to determine the connections that may exist among different devices. For example, if your IP address is associated with multiple devices (such as smartphones, connected TVs, tablets and so on), these services providers may determine that you, as a user, are connected to such devices.
To Allow Third-Parties and Service Providers to Assist in Providing and Managing the Platform. Paramount may make your Personal Information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors, agents, or sponsors, who help manage or are involved with the audition process or Production, for example: developing or supporting products and features; conducting email marketing; or assisting with the administration of the auditions or the Production. These third parties and outside service providers are required to protect Personal Information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific service they are providing to Paramount.
You can control cookies and tracking tools on our Platform. You have choices about whether cookies and other similar technologies are placed on your computer or mobile device. You also may choose to opt out of use of data that Paramount-authorized third party service providers or Paramount collects about your visits to Paramount business partners’ websites that may be used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests. Within the Platform, you may withdraw your consent to your Personal Information being used and/or shared for the following secondary purposes by clicking here https://www.viacomcbsprivacy.com/managemyrights
- To communicate with you for the purposes of providing you with advertising and marketing messages pertaining to additional products or services that may be of interest to you; and
- To personalize our advertisements to ensure that such advertisements are of relevance for you.
You can choose what information you provide on our Platform. If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information on one of our Paramount services. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us. If you ask Paramount to shut down your account or delete your information, Paramount will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that Paramount may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy Paramount's legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask Paramount to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that Paramount holds relating to you.
You can choose not to receive marketing emails. Paramount may periodically send promotional materials or notifications related to the Production or the Platform. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, follow the unsubscribe instructions. There are certain service notification emails that you may not opt-out of, such as notifications of changes to the Platform or policies. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
Additional Information if You Are Located in California
California Consumer Privacy Act. If you are a California resident, you have specific privacy rights governed by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). These rights include:
Right to Know. You have the right to request a report showing the Personal Information collected, shared, and sold about you in the past 12 months.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Your Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties.
Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information collected from you.
Right to Non-Discrimination. We shall not discriminate against you based on your exercise of any of the above rights.
You or your authorized agent may submit a request to exercise any of the above rights by completing the form on our Privacy Rights Manager https://www.viacomcbsprivacy.com/managemyrights or calling us at 1 (888) 841-3343.
We may require additional information to verify your identity or to verify that your authorized agent has the authority to make the request on your behalf before responding to a CCPA rights request. We will respond to your request within 45 days if possible and required under the law.
Personal Information Collected on California Residents
- Names and Aliases
- Physical Address
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
- IP Address
- Unique Identifiers
Legally Protected Characteristics
- Interactions with Customer Service
- Information about transactions made on our Services, including purchase history
- Customer preferences and attributes, such as likes, interests, social media statuses and updates, pictures, and references to your online presence
- Credit card numbers
Inferences drawn from Personal Information categories
- Information related to your preferences, attitudes, online behaviors, demographics, product and ad choices, and preferences
- Information related to your location, including your IP address
Internet/ Electronic Activity
- Information related to your location, including your IP address
- Device attributes
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- Directly from you (e.g. Information provided when you register with one of our Services, submit payment for Services, post on our Services, when you correspond with us, information provided and collected offline, etc.);
- Automatically collected information (e.g. collected automatically through cookies and other online tracking technologies, etc.);
- Business partners (e.g. Analytics companies, etc.);
- Third parties (e.g. data brokers, marketing companies, advertising partners, social media platforms, data aggregators, public databases, etc.); or
- Inferences from your profile or online behaviors.
Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose to Third Parties
The categories of Personal Information listed above may be disclosed to the following categories of third parties:
- The Paramount family of companies;
- In connection with a corporate transaction (e.g. any purchase, sale, lease, merger, acquisition, disposal, or financing involving our brands);
- Our service providers (e.g. cloud services providers, technical service providers, law firms, accounting firms, etc.);
- Business partners (e.g. audience measurement companies, marketing companies, sweepstakes partners, other partners who are working with us on co-branded Services or events, etc.);
- Sponsors and other partners for contests, giveaways, sweepstakes, and promotions;
- Advertising partners to provide advertising based on your interests;
- When you ask us to provide information to a third party; or
- To law enforcement or others if required by law.
- The disclosures to third parties listed above may be for any of the following business purposes
- To provide you with our Services;
- For marketing purposes;
- To provide you with ads or information we think may be of interest to you;
- To improve our products and Services;
- To enable you to participate in public platforms or other interactive features of the Services;
- To maintain the safety and security of our Services; or
- As otherwise permitted by law.
Information about the Sale of Personal Information
Because of the broad definition of “sale” under CCPA, some information that we share with third parties may constitute the “sale” of your information. For instance, some of our brands share identifiers, such as cookies and the advertising identifier associated with your mobile or internet-connected device with our advertising partners, and those partners use and share those identifiers to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests.
Where a brand does this or otherwise “sells” your information, we will give you the opportunity to opt out by clicking the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” https://www.viacomcbsprivacy.com/donotsell on the home page of the relevant website, mobile and online application, or other service. Please note that, when you use these tools on our properties, you will need to renew your choices if you clear your cookies or use a new browser or device.
The following types of information may be “sold”:
- Names and Aliases;
- Email Address;
- IP Address;
- Unique Identifier;
- Information about transactions or content choices made on or in connection with our Services;
- Customer preferences and attributes, such as likes, interests, social media statuses and updates, pictures, and references to your online presence;
- Information related to your preferences, attitudes, online behaviors, demographics, product and ad choices, and preferences;
- Information related to your location, including your IP address;
- Information collected through cookies and web beacons; or
- Device attributes.
Paramount does not engage in any “sales” of Personal Information of users that it has actual knowledge are minors under the age of sixteen.
Do Not Track. Our websites and apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
“Shine the Light” and “Eraser” Laws. Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of the website where this policy is posted, you may request removal of content or information you have publicly posted. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete removal from the Internet of the content or information you posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal.
For all requests under the “Shine the Light” or “Eraser” Law, please use our Privacy Rights Manager https://www.viacomcbsprivacy.com/managemyrights. We will accept requests to exercise these rights only through this mechanism.
Additional Information if You Are Located in Countries Outside the U.S., EEA, the UK or Switzerland
In addition, you may have additional privacy rights under certain jurisdictions such as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, and Taiwan, including but not limited to:
- The right to access your Personal Information.
- The right to correct/update/rectify your Personal Information.
- The right to delete your Personal Information
- The right to object or restrict to the processing or sharing of your Personal Information
- The rights to addition or disassociation with respect to your data.
- CBS Interactive Pty Limited (ABN 41 092 094 525)
- Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN 91 052 515 250)
- Network Ten All Access Pty Limited (ABN 60 629 391 117)
- Network Ten (Adelaide) Pty Limited (ABN 007 577 666
- Network Ten (Brisbane) Pty Limited (ABN 050 148 537)
- Network Ten (Melbourne) Pty Limited (ABN 008 664 953)
- Network Ten (Perth) Pty Limited (ABN 009 108 614)
- Network Ten (Sydney) Pty Limited (ABN 008 664 962)
- Capice Pty Ltd (ABN 008 655 847)
- CBS International Television Australia Pty Limited (ABN 000 005 925)
- Chartreuse Pty Limited (ABN 008 655 874)
- Elevenco Pty Limited (ABN 147 043 981)
- VIMN Australia Pty Ltd. (ABN 18 107 601 418)
- Nickelodeon Australia (ABN 99 627 643 021)
- Nickelodeon Australia Management Pty Ltd. (ABN 99 627 643 021)
- Paramount Pictures Australia Pty. (ABN 85008573171)
- Paramount Home Entertainment (Australasia) Pty Limited (ABN 29 003 914 609)
- Rosy Haze Productions Pty Limited (ABN 63 630 698 529)
- Springy Productions Pty. Limited (ABN 164 833 229)
- Linbaba’s Story Pty Ltd (ABN 76 632 452 594)
If you are a resident of Brazil, your Personal Information is controlled by MTV Networks Latin America Inc. when you use our Services.
If you are a resident of Brazil, you have certain additional rights under the Brazilian General Data Protection Act:
- The right to confirm the existence of the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to change your marketing preferences, including the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- The right to request information about the possibility of denying consent and the consequences of such denial.
- The right to request information about the entities, public or private, with which Paramount shared your Personal Information.
- The right to request anonymization, blocking or elimination when (a) you want us to establish the accuracy of the Personal Information; (b) you need the Personal Information to be maintained even if we no longer need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (c) you oppose the use of your Personal Information, unless we have verified that we have a legitimate reason for using it.
- The right to review automated decisions made solely on the basis of automated processing of your Personal Information that affects your interests.
Paramount may process your Personal Information using automated decision-making technologies that use algorithms to create a profile about you based on your interactions with our Services that automatically select advertising or content that may of interest to you. However, these technologies do not make automated decisions that may have a legal or significant effect on you without your consent, or that is not permitted under applicable law.
If you are a resident of the People’s Republic of China, your Personal Information is controlled by Paramount Asia (Beijing) Advertising and Media Co. Ltd when you use our Services.
We will only transfer your Personal Information outside of China with your prior express consent or after applying security measures to your data, such as de-identifying your Personal Information prior to the transfer.
If you are a resident of India, your Personal Information is controlled by Nickelodeon India Pvt Ltd or Simon & Schuster Publishers India Private Limited for Simon and Schuster when you use our Services.
If you are a resident of Mexico, your Personal Information is controlled by MTV Networks Latin America Inc. when you use our Services.
If you are a resident of Japan, your Personal Information is controlled by Paramount Networks Japan K.K. when you use our Services.
How to Contact Us and Exercise Your Rights:
If you would prefer to submit your questions or comments by mail, please send a letter to the address below:
If we are unable to resolve your request, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint before the proper regulatory authority in your jurisdiction.